Get Protected. 

Get Protected. 

Our team of mortgage specialists are also trained to help you with any insurance and protection requirements you have too. 
When you're looking for a mortgage for your property, its also the perfect time to get advice about your insurance from our team of experts. We have significant insight when assessing your individual circumstances and protection requirements. 
Click on the insurance type you're interested in and see how we can get you insurance happy. 

Want expert advice right now? 

If you'd like to learn more about the advantages of having insurance from Reeds Financial, give us a call at 0330 128 0989 and chat with one of our knowledgeable advisers. 

Avoid Comparison Sites. 

Avoid Comparison Sites. 

Many price comparison sites only offer ‘standard’ or 'basic' insurance policies and won’t necessarily take your personal circumstances and needs into account. Equally, because comparison sites don’t provide one on one advice, you could be left with unanswered questions or worst still be unaware that you are underinsured or unable to make a claim because of small print or legal complexities you weren’t aware of during the application process. 
By arranging your insurance through us, you can ensure that you speak with an expert who can guide you through the process and ensure that the policy you are being sold is right for you and your individual circumstances. 

Life Insurance. 

Covers you against: Death or terminal illness 

Benefit paid: Lump sum 

Life insurance provide a lump sum, paid tax free, to your dependents in the event of your death. Life insurance can also be known as term insurance and there are two main ways in which the cover can be arranged: 
Level Term Assurance: this type of policy is where the amount of cover, which is also known as the ‘sum assured’, remains at the same level thorough the length of the policy. This type of policy is often taken out to help pay off a mortgage and is most suited to interest only mortgages, where the amount owed does not decrease over time. 
Decreasing Term Assurance: again this policy pays out a cash lump sum in the event of death, but the amount of money paid out decreases over time. These policies are a good fit when taken out alongside a repayment mortgage so that the amount paid out is the same, or close to the amount left on the mortgage. As the amount of cover decreases over the length of the policy, the premiums are typically cheaper than they are for level term assurance. 

Critical Illness Cover. 

Covers you against: Critical illness 

Benefit paid: Lump sum 

Critical illness insurance provides you with a tax free cash sum in the event you are diagnosed with one of a list of common defined critical illnesses. The cash sum you receive can be used however you like, but is designed to take the financial burden off you during a difficult period in your life. Critical illness, like life insurance, can be a fixed lump sum or can decrease in line with your mortgage. 
Benefits can include, free critical illness cover for your children. 

Income Protection. 

Covers you against: Illness or injury 

Benefit paid: Regular income 

In the event of an accident or sickness income protection insurance pays out a monthly income to cover a proportion of your salary. You decide at the outset how many months before the policy will pay out (the deferment period) and how long it will continue to pay (the benefit period). This can be until you are either well enough to return to work, you reach retirement age or the policy term ends. Income protection insurance provides you with the peace of mind of a regular on-going income that can help you maintain your lifestyle should you fall ill or have an accident and are unable to work. 

Buildings & Contents Insurance. 

Buildings & Contents Insurance. 

Building insurance is a mandatory requirement that all lenders look for when arranging a mortgage, regardless of whether you’re buying a property or remortgaging. When purchasing a leasehold property this may already be covered by the monthly or annual maintenance charge. If you are purchasing a freehold property it’s likely that the buildings insurance will need to be covered by you and you will need buildings insurance in place for the exchange of contracts. 

What does building insurance cover? 

Building insurance covers the fabric and permanent fixtures of your home, such as: the roof, walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows, fitted kitchens, built-in cupboards and bathroom suites. A standard buildings insurance policy should cover the full cost of repair or a full rebuild in case of: a fire, lightning strike, storm damage, gas explosion, falling trees, earthquake, vandalism, vehicle collisions with the building or bursting of the plumbing. 

What does contents insurance cover? 

Contents insurance covers your possessions against loss or damage by theft or attempted theft, fire, explosion, lightning or earthquake. It will also insure against water leakage, storm or flood damage. The 'contents' of your home is defined by insurers as the sort of things you would take with you if you were to move house so it includes items such as furniture, clothes, electrical items, money and jewellery. Contents insurance may also covers some fixtures such as carpets and curtains. 
When arranging contents insurance you set the maximum level of cover the policy will pay out if, for example, the contents of your home are completely destroyed, so it is important to make sure you have the right level of protection. Many of us do get this figure wrong and experts estimate that one in five households could be underinsured because they do not know the true value of their home contents. 

Business Protection. 

As a business owner, you can safeguard against the death, illness, or injury of a critical employee or any other member of your team. It's a smart approach for small firms in particular. 
The loss of a key member of staff – usually the owner or founder, or someone who is difficult to replace – is covered by Key Person Insurance. A small business can be severely harmed by a loss or an extended period of absence. 
Relevant Life Insurance allows your company to get tax-efficient life insurance without or in addition to a pension plan. Relevant life plans might be especially advantageous for small organisations without enough eligible employees to justify a group life plan. 
Share Protection Cover allows the remaining partners and shareholding directors might purchase the deceased owner's stake of the business from the estate of the deceased owner. 

Mortgage Protection quotes 

Mortgage Protection Quotes 

The level of protection you need will depend on your individual circumstances. Whether you are single or married, have children or grandchildren, you’re working or retired - everyone's needs are different. Our experts will work with you to establish what the right level of cover is for you to ensure you are fully protected. 
Call us on 0330 128 0989 to receive a mortgage protection quote from our experts. 

What Our  Customers Say. 

What Our Customers Say. 

Here are a few ways we have changed our customers’ lives. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings